Does your family love bread? Mine sure does! I have been on a bread baking journey, trying to find the best bread to bake for my family! This bread has it all – crunchy crust, soft middle, few ingredients, no kneading, and super yummy!! This bread is beginner friendly and so easy to make. So here it is, my 4 ingredient easy bread!
This article contains affiliate links. This means I have shared links to products I use and love and if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive small compensation at absolutely no cost to you!
What I love about this bread – you know, besides the delicious flavor and the few ingredients- is that I can whip this up in a couple minutes first thing in the morning, let it rise all day, then pop it in the oven before I start cooking dinner and we have fresh, delicious bread with our meal!
It’s also super fun to get the kids involved! My kids love to take turns dumping in the ingredients and stirring.
We also make sure to note what the dough looks like after we stir it all up, then come back and see how much it has grown throughout the day! It is like a magic trick every time!
What Should I bake My Bread In?
You can honestly use whatever baking dish you prefer. I really love using a Dutch oven because it gives the bread such a nice crust and cooks it really evenly. However, I have also used a casserole type dish with a lid and have also just baked it on a baking sheet.
All of these methods produce a yummy, fresh bread! I have this Dutch oven by Pioneer woman and it does a great job! I would recommend getting a 6-quart Dutch oven if you plan on buying one. It is a great size for several different types of things!
This bread pairs wonderfully with any dish! You can find some of our favorites listed here!
But, What If I Hate Baking?!
I totally get it, baking and cooking is not for everyone. We all have different interests and hobbies and that is wonderful, exactly the way God intended! However, if you don’t enjoy baking/cooking, but would like to learn how, check out my secret to creating a love for cooking! Spoiler alert: it starts with baking bread! (;
4 Ingredient Easy Bread
- 1 dutch oven optional
- 3 cups all purpose flour plus a little extra to flour surface
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- Add 3 cups of all purpose flour to a mixing bowl3 cups all purpose flour
- Add 2 tsp of salt on one side of bowl2 tsp salt
- Add 2 tsp dry yeast to other side of bowl2 tsp dry yeast
- mix flour, salt and yeast together
- Add 1.5 cups of warm water and stir until combined. Make sure there is no dry flour at the bottom of the bowl. Your dough will be sticky.1.5 cups warm water
- Cover and let sit for at least 2 hours. I will often make this in the morning and let it sit for 6-8 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, take out the dough and shape. Pull from the sides at the base of the dough ball toward the middle until it is no longer sticky.
- Place on parchment paper in your dutch oven or other baking dish. Place the baking dish in a cold oven then turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes. **If using a dutch oven, or other dish with lid, place the lid on top, place in cold oven, and cook for 30 minutes at 400, then remove the lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until it has the golden brown color you desire.
- Remove from oven and take the bread out of the dish it was cooked in to cool.
- Wait until bread has completely cooled before cutting. This ensures the inside finishes the cooking process. If cut too soon the middle will have a doughy texture.
- Slice and serve with butter if desired!
Now you know how to make this 4 ingredient easy bread! I hope you try it and love it!! What is your favorite thing to bake?